No matter what age you are being in a Road Traffic Accident is a frightening experience.
The costs of a Road Traffic Accident can be even more frightening than the experience itself!
The Motor Insurers Bureau (“MIB”) is an Agency set up by agreement with the Insurance Industry to deal with claims when the normal routes of compensation do not apply.
Such as where the other driver:
- Is uninsured
- Drove off and cannot be traced
In certain circumstances the MIB may also pay compensation for property damage.
In order to make a claim under the MIB regulations it is vital to report the accident to the PSNI and to obtain as much information as possible in respect of the other driver.
The MIB ask that you:
1. Make enquiries to see if the motorist is insured
2. Provide information in relation to the driver and vehicle details
3. Provide any other information will be useful
Such as telephone numbers, email addresses.
4. Contact your insurance company